Friday, July 30, 2010

Introducing Whine & Spirits

Blogs are like old friends - you always know it's there, you know you should keep in touch, you talk to it all the time in your head, telling it about your day. When you are drifting off to sleep at night you think "Oh, so-and-so would love this!" and then forget when its daytime, and the longer you go without actually catching up the guiltier you feel and it all seems so much water under a bridge.
So, hello Blog! Gosh, it's been a while and I am ashamed to say that the picture in my last post is only just now finished. Not that I worked on it exclusively all this time, but I think its the only thing I've finished in a while:
Dacchus, Dog of Wine is featured in the premiere design of my new series, Whine & Spirits a magazine parody I have been meaning to do for a few years now. I have pages and pages of notes and drawings on dogs and booze, and once I had the logo figured out (see above) I was ready to get it going. Here is the first "issue"

The magazine cover and Dacchus by herself are available on Zazzle and Cafe Press.

I'm also hoping to start offering small originals on Etsy soon. This bypasses the eBay fees and allows me to set a price and let it stay until it sells without taking my chances of more than one person seeing it on a 7 day auction. Comments, requests always welcome!

No comments: