Thursday, December 10, 2009

Caroling Dachshunds is Done!

Here it is - the finished commission of the three caroling Dachshunds. My wonderful client is printing them up for her yearly greeting, and I have got them listed for sale on Cafe Press and Zazzle - available singly or get as many as you need - this is, IMHO, one of my best. In addition, I wrote some new lyrics to "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" with a Doxie flair, and it appears inside the cards. See below for the words.

"We Wish You a Dachsie Christmas"
by Terry Pond, sung to the tune of "We Wish You a Meerry Christmas"

We wish you a Dachsie Christmas
We wish you a Dachsie Christmas
We wish you a Dachsie Christmas and a Yappy New Year
Glad bitings we bring to you and your kin
Glad bitings for Christmas and a Yappy New Year


Oh, bring us some doggy pudding
Oh, bring us some doggy pudding
Oh, bring us some doggy pudding and a chewy pig’s ear
We won’t go until we get some;
We won’t go until we get some;
We won’t go until we get some, so bring some out here


We wish you a Dachsie Christmas
We wish you a Dachsie Christmas
We wish you a Dachsie Christmas and a Yappy New Year

2 comments:

Twix said...

Terry, that is gorgeous! There is a doxie blog that I visit that is always putting up all things dachshund. It is The Long and Short of it All at
http://dachshundlove.blogspot.com/
Do you care if I send them a link to your blog and they may feature some of your artwork? If it is ok for me to do that would you leave me a comment? I do love your work.
Something else you might be interested in checking out....I had a custom portrait done of Twix for my husband's Christmas present. If you want to see it you can go here:
http://kathleen-coy.blogspot.com/2009/12/twix-dachshunds-portrait-is-finished.html
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Twix's Mom

Ronnie said...

Terry,
I discovered you today on Zazzle while doing a dachshund search.
So glad I did.
I love what you do!!!!!!!!!!!