Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Party Recovery

Here it is Wednesday and I am still trying to dig out from under all of the stuff that ended up here in my studio when we cleaned the house for Kirk's birthday party on Saturday. But it had to be done - I believe you should clean the house once a year whether it needs it or not.
The little dog in costume is my latest ATC offering, up on eBay right now: Dachshund Hot Dog Costume Original Weiner Art ACEO ATC . At right is my Nibblefest Art Contest entry for this month. The theme was Butterflies. This is acrylic on 5"x7" stretched canvas: Butter Flies Over Cows Original Art Painting NFAC EBSQ . I like its whimsy and hope it finds an audience.
Last weekend I had three pieces close: the Soaring Dachshund, much refined from the last post; Home is Where the Hound is, actually a surprising complicated piece to paint but one which I am quite happy with; and Showered with Love, a cute little ATC. I have not had a lot of time to paint with the party and all, and Kirk has been ill since the party with some sort of flu. I dread Kelly and I getting it next, as it seems to be a particularly yucky one.
My art focus coming up really needs to be on the art for my 2007 calendar, and I am hoping to come up with a fresh Halloween idea soon. I am also trying to decide if it will be in watercolor or acrylic. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I also used gouache in Home Hound and the Hot Dog Costume above. I found out why it is so chalky - it is made with chalk. Who knew?

No comments: