Friday, April 7, 2006

New Doxies


I have been able to paint today, and I finished my two paintings while watching the Pride and Prejudice miniseries again. My favorite movie.
You can click on the images for a larger version. I am quite proud of how both of these paintings turned out, which probably means they're doomed. The coffee hound one was very interesting to paint because I was painting on top of coffee-stained paper which tends to "lift" easily.
The best part was the steam swirls, which actually did cut through the coffee and created a very interesting effect in person.
"Doxie's" also turned out great. I haf think I should add a shadow, but that could ruin it very easily so perhaps I will leave it alone. This one is going to make a terrific print and great t-shirts in my Cafe Press store. I will need to do all of the coats in this sort of illustration. Both of these paintings are without bids right now, though having been up in an unfinished state until now, that is not surprising.

No comments: